- Here’s what you’ll need:
- Handful of spinach
- 8-10 basil leaves
- Some parsley sprigs
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1/4 cup each of walnuts and sunflower seeds
- 2 cloves of garlic
- Dash of sea salt and black pepper
- Optional: 2 tablespoons of nutritional yeast
- Optional: Get crazy and add 2 tablespoons of parmesan cheese
- How to make:
- Add all ingredients to food processor.
- Pulse down to desired consistency adding more olive oil if you want it looser.
- Serve a top pasta, as a dip, on salads, whatever…
Ooh, thank you! My toddler has a major dairy intolerance that were trying to address, but she LOVES pesto. (Seriously loves it. Won’t eat her chicken? Add pesto. Won’t eat her toast? Add pesto. Won’t eat her veggies? Add pesto. LOL!) It’s been hard to eliminate that too, so this has been on my “research” list for a couple weeks, and you just saved me some Googling!
Glad I could help. It’s definitely a good starting point. Lemme know how she and you like it.
Sounds fantastic! Thanks for the recipe!
oh this looks yummay!
what pesto has dairy?
This sounds great! Never thought of adding spinach. I can’t wait to try it this weekend!
Why thank you.
Spinach is great because the flavor is so mild.
Yup most has parmesan cheese in it.