- Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1/4 red onion
- 1/2 lemon
- Tablespoon of olive oil
- Sea salt
- Teaspoon of raw honey
- Optional: Fresh or dried herbs of your choice
- How to make:
- Slice up cucumbers into thin discs. You can use a knife, food process or madnolin.
- Add cucumbers to your bowl.
- Cut up you red onion and add to bowl.
- Pour your olive oil and squeeze the lemon over the mixture.
- Sprinkle with sea salt.
- Drizzle with raw honey.
- If you are using, add your herbs.
- Toss and let sit to marinate for 10-20 minutes.
This is also good with some red, ripe tomatoes added in. Also very good with a raw sour cream/vinegar base.
We did cucumbers with raw summer squash and a bit of basil. The boys drowned theirs in ranch, and I used a raspberry vinaigrette.
Great recipe! It reminds me so much of something my Nani Dorothy used to make when my sister and I were kiddos.
It’s simple and you can add variations of what you’d like to it.
I keep a container of cucumbers and onions in a vinaigrette in the fridge most all the time. If I don’t have a green salad with dinner, then I get the cucumbers out. I add different herbs and sometimes tomatoes. So, so good. But I gotta try your recipe next. Also, adding some zucchini to the mix next time too, per theprincesjewel post. I make my own ranch, too.
What a delicious, simple recipe. My kids and I devoured it. Thanks!
They didn’t leave any for me?!?!
Ha ha, you go with your bad self! I’m looking forward to hearing what you come up with 🙂