- Here’s what you’ll need:
- Butternut squash
- 2-3 apples of your juice (I prefer Granny Smith) or fresh apple juice
- 1 teaspoon of oil (I prefer coconut)
- Optional: Ground cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves
- How to make:
- Cut butternut squash into cubes and put into bowl.
- If you are using apple juice, pour that into the bowl or cut up the apples and either juice or blend them down. I’d recommend juicing them.
- Add the oil, cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves if you are using.
- Pour over the butternut squash to submberge it.
- Let soak for 30-45 minutes.
- Put in oven at 375-400 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Mix them around and put back in oven for another 15-20 until desired tenderness.
Any suggestions on making it easier to cut up a butternut squash!? Thanks!
Yum. Gonna try this soon. 🙂
Suggestions for joellesgarden: peel butternut squash with your potato peeler. To cut the only tip I have is to make sure your knife is sharp.
You can use a vegetable peeler (a really good one) to get the skin off.
It’s def mad good.
Haha! My boyfriend recently told me no more butternut squash! He is holding a protest. Looks like he is going to have more to protest now!!!!
Just don’t tell him that I am the reason.
Tonight I’m making: Butternut Squash and Dark Leafy Green Salad ! Perfect for the Thanksgiving table. Thanks for the recipe, Mike!
Nice. Hope you enjoyed!