Roasted Acorn Squash Stuffed with Sauteed Greens, Tomatoes and Goat Cheese
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Acorn squash
- 1/2 onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 tablespoon of oil (I prefer coconut)
- Dark leafy greens (I used collards and dandelion. Kale also works really well.)
- Goat cheese
- Dash of salt and pepper
How to make:
- Cut acorn squash into halves and scoop out the seeds.
- Rub the inside and outside of the squash down with oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Put in oven at 375-400 for about 45 minutes until it can be easily pierced with a fork.
- Mince up the garlic and onions.
- Sautee in a heated pan for about 3-5 minutes until translucent.
- While the garlic and onions are cooking, finely slice up your greens.
- Add them to the pan with the garlic and onions.
- If the pan is dry add a tablespoon or water or vegetable broth.
- Stir it up and cover it to let the greens wilt down.
- Cut up the tomatoes into chunks.
- After 3-5 minutes of the green cooking, adding the tomatoes and stir.
- Season with salt, pepper and whatever other seasonings you’d like.
- Turn off heat and let pan sit covered.
- When squash is ready, put some goat cheese in the bottom.
- Then add your greens and tomatoes.
- Top with more goat cheese and put back into the oven.
- After 5-10 when the cheese has melted, remove from oven and serve.