This is gonna be the last post of 2011..hard to believe it’s over.
Have lots planned for 2012 and want to share some of it with you.
In 2012, I am going to be focusing even more attention on showing you how to grow your own food with little to no space. These are the topics that I’m going to be focusing on:
- Apartment Gardening. Going to get more into how to best find, utilize and grow the most in the space that you have.
- Indoor Gardening. Not only will I share how to start seeds indoors to get a jump on the season, but also how to grow indoors year round. Might be throwing some hydroponics in the mix as well.
- Container Gardening. Still focusing on self-watering containers. Will be giving more tips on maintaining your containers and what grows best in them.
- DIY Projects. Have lots of ideas for projects to experiment with in the new year such as a worm pot container, bookshelf herb garden and more.
- Indoor Composting. When I lived in New York, I made my own compost bin and attempted to make my own worm bin unsuccessfully. Really looking forward to experimenting with some new composting ideas for those of us without the land.
- Garden Recipes. Will continue to share the seasonal garden recipes, but will be focusing more on what’s actually growing in my garden or what you are growing in yours.
- Insects & Diseases. Will help to identify specific pests and diseases and how to best remedy them.
- Reasons to Grow & Health Benefits. Will continue to share the reasons to grow your own food such as the fact that we are humans and that our food travels such a far distance. In 2012, going to be expanding that out to the health benefits of what you are growing as well. Did you know that raw garlic is a great anti-microbial? See…stuff like that.
- Tips & How Tos. The simple tips and how to posts will be a mainstay for 2012 as well.
As per usual, these posts will be quick and to the point for you to easily understand and get started.
I’ve already partnered up with some great sponsors including SeedsNow.com, The Greenhouse Catalog, Rainbow Worms, Safer Brand and Vertical Home Gardening to share their products and get your garden going for 2012.
The most important thing is that the information helps you out, so what questions or posts would you like to see relating to these topics or what other topics would you like to be covered?
Thanks for a great 2011 and here’s to an even better 2012!