“Since moving to Nicaragua, a day doesn’t go by when we bite into produce grown here and taste the bitter flavor of chemicals. The use of these chemicals goes back generations. This, along with a changing climate and five years of drought has had a devastating impact on the environment, depleted soil quality, and caused malnutrition. With your support we can build a hands-on farm model that teaches sustainable growing methods, nutrition education, and improves health for families and children.”
What Mesa Sostenible Looks Like Now:
So far they have been successful at securing land, and growing various plant varieties from seed in two small greenhouses. They’ve also started a composting initiative to help reduce waste and promote soil health.
What Mesa Sostenible Can Look Like with Your Help and Support:
The GOAL is to build a sustainable, working farm that will provide the community and visitors a-like the experience to participate in a unique and memorable educational experience in sustainable farming, living & healthy food preparation.
“MESA Sostenible aims to have the following social, environmental and economic impacts:
- Demonstrate the importance of year-round crop diversity to reduce malnutrition through a varied diet and nutrition education.
- Increase soil fertility and reduce topsoil erosion.
- Eliminate agricultural chemicals used on productive land.
- Maximize rainwater infiltration and on-site treatment to improve ground water storage through water harvesting techniques.”
Here’s The Plan:
Our goal is to raise $95,000 in funds to bring the MESA Sostenible Sustainable Farm and Nutrition Kitchen to life.
Other ways you can ACT NOW:
- SHARE: Facebook, Twitter – use the social icons at the top right
- SHOW your family and friends, encourage them to help fund us.
- EMAIL to five friends, show them you care. Click here.
- VISIT our website to learn more about our work.
Thank you for your support!