Source: Whole Foods Market:
UOG’ers know all too well about the top 5 Genetically Engineered crops grown and consumed here in the United States of America.
- Sugar Beets – A lot of people actually don’t know about this one.
- Soy – Yup! Pretty much in everything.
- Canola – No Canola Oil in my kitchen.
- Cotton – Like the shirt you’re wearing,
- Corn – This chart says 80% but actually it’s a lot more than that now – probably closer to 93%.
The best way to stay away from GMO is to grow your own. Start a organic garden. Start seeds in 5 gallon containers. It’s not that hard. Follow UOG on Instagram for tips and tricks.
Looking for NON-GMO seeds? Sources for Buying Non-GMO Seeds