Pan Roasted Peaches and Walnut with Tarragon Salad
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1 large ripe peach
- Tablespoon of dried tarragon or some fresh sprigs
- 2 handfuls of walnuts
- 1/4 of a small red onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 tablespoons of oil divided. You can use olive oil, but I used coconut oil.
- Bed of greens. Mine were red leaf lettuce and arugula.
How to make:
- Heat up a pan and put the walnuts on it to dry pan roast them.
- Stir occasionally.
- Cut up your peach into slices and toss with 1 tablespoon of the oil.
- When the walnuts are slightly warmed. Remove them from the pan and set aside.
- Add other tablespoon of oil to the pan to heat up.
- Cut up your garlic and onion.
- Add tarragon to the heated oil and sautee for a 15 seconds..
- Add garlic and onion to the pan.
- Sautee until tender and soft.
- Add the peach slices.
- Let them heat up for 3-5 minutes until slightly browned and flip.
- When the other side is browned, add the walnuts and let all cook for 2 minutes.
- Serve on top of bed of greens.