Since I am gardening in such a small space, I need to make sure that I am maximizing every inch possible.
When I was doing my initial research, I came across the Instructable on upside down hanging planters.
Perfect for my fire escape and for this project. Using recycled materials, so it’s inexpensive and efficient. They are also easy to make.
Tools and materials
- 2L soda bottle
- Duct tape
- Hole puncher
- Thick twine or thin rope
- Instructions on how to make an upside vegetable planter
- Use razor to cut off bottom third or so of soda bottle.
- Wrap duct tape around the bottom part of the soda bottle. Make sure that half of the duct tape is on the bottle and half is above it.
- Cut slits about 2-3″ apart in the duct tape and fold over.
- Punch two holes about halfway down the duct tape. Cut two more on the opposite side.
- Cut string and thread through two of the holes form the outside in. Do the same on the other side.