Do you have problems watering your seeds?
Not sure the best way to water them?
I’ve had this problem too.
That’s why I am happy that I came across this DIY project on FunInTheMaking.net that I can share with you.
What you’ll need
- Plastic jug of some kind – I used a milk container, but you can use a maple syrup container or something similar.
- Drill and a 1/16″ drill bit or whatever size you find appropriate.
Make it in two simple steps by drilling
- A hole in the cap.
- Several holes in the bottom of the jug.
[vimeo clip_id=”36255737″ title=”0″ byline=”0″ portrait=”0″ width=”525″ height=”393″]
To use your seed watering pot
- Fill a bowl or dish with water.
- Place your thumb over the hole in the cap and submerge it in the water.
- Remove your thumb and you’ll feel the water being sucked up into the pot.
- Remove the pot from the water with your thumb over the hole.
- To water your seeds, put the watering pot over the seeds and remove your thumb.
- A gentle flow of water should come out from the bottom.
- To stop the flow, place your thumb back on the cap.
[flickrset id=”72157629149521591″ thumbnail=”square” photos=”” overlay=”true” size=”medium”]
This is a much gentler way to water your seedlings and not damage them.
How do you water your seedlings?