Butternut Squash and Dark Leafy Green Salad
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Butternut squash
- 1/2 onion
- 3-4 cloves of garlic
- Dark leafy greens (I used collards and kale)
- Dash of cayenne pepper
- 3-4 tablespoons of vegetable broth
- Teaspoon of cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon
- Tablespoon of olive oil
How to make:
- Cut the squash into cubes.
- Cut up the onion and mince the garlic.
- Add the onion to the pan that’s heated with oil.
- Stir it up until it’s lightly browned.
- Add the garlic and cayenne.
- Mix for 20-30 seconds you’ll be able to smell the garlic.
- Add the butternut squash and mix to coat with the oil.
- Add the veggie broth and let it cook for 4-5 minutes.
- While that’s cooking, chop up your greens into bite sized pieces.
- Keep checking on the squash, stirring it and making sure there is enough liquid.
- Add the greens.
- Sprinkle in the salt and pepper and mix it all up.
- Put the cover on and cook for another 5-10 minutes.
- When the greens are nice, dark and slightly wilted, it’s ready.