Nothing quite says spring time (or makes your pee stink) like asparagus showing up again in your garden or at the local farmers market.
This recipe I slightly adapted from a cooking demo that I attended at Native Foods in Culver City.
Make this in the beginning of the week and enjoy throughout.
- Here’s what you’ll need:
- 2 bunches of asparagus
- 2 avocados
- Handful of mint, cilantro and parsley
- 2-3 tablespoons of olive oil
- Tablespoon of balsamic vinegar
- Tablespoon of raw honey
- Juice of one lemon
- How to make:
- Boil up a pot of water
- Cut asparagus into 1-1 1/2″ pieces
- Chop up mint, cilantro and parsley and place into a mixing bowl
- Add lemon juice, olive oil and balsamic to the bowl
- Whisk together and set aside
- Cut avocados into cubes
- Add asparagus to boiling water for about 2-3 minutes
- Remove asparagus, drain and rinse under cold water
- After asparagus cools, add to dressing with avocado
- Toss to coat and serve