Here’s another recipe using one of my new favorite vegetables – the rutabaga. I’ve already made a soup out of it and was given another idea by one of my friends on Facebook – a rutabaga mash.
This rutabaga mash is dairy and gluten free.
- Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1-2 rutabagas
- Tablespoon of olive oil
- 2-3 clovers of garlic
- Dash of sea salt and black pepper
- How to make:
- Bust open the cloves of garlic and roast them in the oven at 400 for about 15-20 minutes
- Peel and cube the rutabaga
- Put into a pot and cover with water
- Boil until soft. Should be about 40-60 minutes
- Strain the rutabaga
- You can either mash it in a bowl with the garlic or put into a food processor
- Add olive oil, salt and pepper
- You can use this as a mash or as a veggie dip
What’s your favorite rutabaga recipe?