When I was a kid broccoli was one of the only veggies that I actually liked, but I used to eat them floating in a pool of melted butter (or whatever it was). Since broccoli is tough to be eaten it’s raw form, this roasted soup is a nice way to get more broccoli in your meals during the cold winter months.
This broccoli soup is dairy and gluten free.
- Here’s what you’ll need:
- 2 heads of broccoli
- 1/2 parsnip
- 1/4 medium sized onion
- 4 cloves of garlic
- Tablespoon of olive oil
- Dash of sea salt
- 4-6 cups of homemade vegetable broth
- How to make:
- Chop up broccoli and put into bowl
- Slice up parsnip, onion and smashed garlic and put into bowl with broccoli
- Pour olive oil over the veggies with salt and toss to coat
- Put on a baking sheet into the oven at about 375-400 degrees for 15-20 minutes until they start to brown
- Flip over veggies and roast for another 10-15 minutes
- Add to your blender or food processor with about 2 cups of veggie broth, removing some pieces of broccoli for garnish
- Blend up, slowly adding more veggie broth to your desired consistency
- Pour into pot and warm over the stove
- Continually stir the soup as you want to warm it and not boil it
- Transfer to bowl and top with roasted broccoli pieces
What’s your favorite broccoli soup recipe?