When I did my first round of planting on my balcony, I popped the plants out of the plastic and just planted them into the container. This seemed like a good idea, but wasn’t.
There were about 4-5 plants per bunch. They grew for a bit and I was able to harvest a salad from them, but they were growing very slow and having some other problems.
Initially the plants were taking a while to grow and after harvesting they weren’t growing back very much at all either. So I decided to just pull them up and start the container anew.
When the plants were pulled up, sure enough they were still in the shape of the plastic that they came in and the roots weren’t very well established. All reasons that the plants should’ve been separated before transplanting.
Now that the plants are out, I’ll reamend the soil and get something new planted in those containers.