Photos from the week:
Backyard vegetable garden in Brooklyn. September 14, 2009." target="_blank" class="flickr-image alignnone" rel="flickr-mgr" >
It’s been a while since I gave an overview on both of the urban gardens, so thought now was a good time.
I’ll start with my backyard vegetable garden in Brooklyn.
- Changed the layout due to my Grandmother’s excessive sprinkler use.
- Harvested my first cucumbers. Got two of them.
- Planted some kales and more arugula.
- Sweet pepper plant is starting to fruit more.
- The cherry tomato plant continues to grow, but still producing. Harvested about a half dozen more cherry tomatoes.
- Lettuces under the cherry tomato plant are slowly growing.
- Harvested some of the kales and swiss chard.
- Lettuces in the kale and chard bucket didn’t make it and got drowned out.
- Harvested two chili peppers.
- Looks like some more sweet peppers are starting to bloom.