It’s one full week since I’ve planted my vegetable gardens on my fire escape and in Brooklyn. Here’s an update on how things are progressing.
Before I do that, I wanted to let you know that I decided not to garden at my parents in Staten Island and to move those containers to Brooklyn. Logistically, it makes more sense that way.
- The tomato plant started to bloom a bit and was picked. It was picked so that the plant can focus on growing as opposed to blooming at this point.
- The pepper plant also started to bloom
- The herbs in the upside down planters, especially the parsley and basil did not look so good. Need to take another look at what was done to remedy for next time.
- For the most part the plants looked good.
- The cucumber looked pathetic. Watered it from above to try and wake it up.
- It looks like there was some kind of critter that was digging in the containers, but didn’t harm any of the vegetables, yet.
- The celery and greens look to be very productive.
- The nasturtium has started to bloom.